Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hello,everybodydy!
I'm happy to join the group at last! First of all I'd like to say that I 'm very enthuisiastic about the theme of our blog as we have allready got acquianted with the author's works. I have found some information concerned with William Faulkner and I would be glad to share it with you. I got to know that Faulkner has a remarkable biography, he managed to achieve his goals by himself. And his only dream, as I have understood, was to write, and write not for money , but for pleasure. Certainly, at first he tried to earn money by writing for publishes but then he was not very successful. But nevertheless some time passed and William refused to ingritiate himself with the requirements of publishers. He gained a lot of useful experiance during this time and perhaps due to this expirience was able to become a Noble Prize Laureatte.
It's interesting to mention that besides writing short stories and novels Faulkner was a screenwriter in Hollywood. At this time he begins to get a considerable sums of money. One of his story "Turn about"was adapted by him for the film. The film was released as Today We Live.
It's also necessary to add that he participated in social issues . In particular, he argued in several public letters that southern blacks must receive equal rights, in general Faulkner's moderate liberalism angered everyone.
So that's all information I have found for today. I'll be glad to go on looking for more information about him.

No comments: